Young Composers Project 2016/2017
Student Application Information
Applications are now closed. Please check back in the fall to apply for the 2017/18 Young Composers Project.
Aspiring composers are encouraged to apply for this rare opportunity. One high school student will:
- receive a $1000 bursary towards post-secondary studies
- participate in a mentorship with an ESO Composer
- compose a new work; and
- hear it performed by the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra for a live audience
- Applicants must be enrolled in a high school in the greater Edmonton area at the time of the application deadline.
- All submitted works must be written for live performance. While they may include electronic instruments (bass guitar, keyboards etc.), pure electronic music is not eligible. We need to see your skills in writing for acoustic instruments as that is what you will be doing in the Young Composers Project.
To apply, please submit a complete application package that includes the following (must include all of the following to be accepted):
4. Each written score must be accompanied by a recording. At least one of these must be a recording of a live (real) performance. The remaining ones can be MIDI (electronic) simulations. Applicants are encouraged, though not required, to submit at least one recording that includes themselves performing an instrument solo or in an ensemble setting.
(Please note that applications must include all of the above in order to be accepted.)
For more information, contact: