Free Event • Register Now!
Wednesday January 20 • 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM MST
Evelyn Delgado | Children's Museum Development Consultant
About the Presentation
Join Evelyn Delgado, children's museum development consultant, as she takes us through her exhibit creation process and help us understand some of the considerations and options for engaging both younger and older audiences with interactive technology. Together, we'll think about designing and implementing exhibits that effectively engage, instruct, and entertain our audiences.
About the Presenter
Children's Museum Development Consultant
Evelyn is an educational consultant, museum educator and children’s museum designer. With more than 15 years of experience in alternative learning intuitions such as children’s museums and science centres, she is renowned for her work in space activation and interactive play programming.
More InformationClick a button below to open
The ways we can interact with the world around us are infinite, and today’s technologies are powerful engines for digital participation. On Wednesday mornings from 10 AM – 11:30 AM MT beginning January 6th, 2021, the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra (ESO) is hosting a webinar-series symposium featuring presenters with expertise in specific digital technology fields. Our presenter list includes leads from arts organizations that have experienced a recent digital transformation, as well as digital experts from around the world. The symposium's goal is to educate, inspire, and guide local arts organizations and orchestras across Canada through their exploration of and introduction to relevant digital technology.Evolution of the Arts in a Digital World will provide organizations with the tools they need to determine how and when to implement technology and identify how technology can be used as a tool to help tell a story. In addition, the symposium will act as a guide to implementing specific technologies such as immersive and digital interactives in budget-friendly and thoughtful ways. Through example-driven, hands-on approaches, our symposium will give participants an introduction to integrating technology in their organizations with confidence.
The Evolution of the Arts in a Digital World Symposium is proud to be featuring experts from the following organizations:
- Edmonton Public Library
- Edmonton Symphony Orchestra
- Gallagher & Associates
- New World Symphony
- National Music Centre
- National Sawdust
- Royal Opera House
- TELUS World of Science Edmonton
- University of Alberta
We encourage arts organizations, not-for-profit organizations, and orchestras to join us in national conversation about the ways in which digital technology can be included in everyday organizational functions with creativity and ease. Our symposium is aimed towards a variety of participants, including:
- CEOs who want to understand how to introduce digital initiatives to their organizations in ways that will connect patrons to their organizational purpose and story.
- General Managers who want to understand how to create teams for digital operations, who needs to be involved in decisions regarding digital initiatives, and what the end benefits are of going digital.
- Educators who want to expand their outreach activities to include imaginative and curriculum-focused digital learning experiences.
- Audience Engagement Teams who want to find new ways to share their stories with patrons in meaningful, memorable ways.
- Everyone who wants to understand the power that creatively used technology can have on a patron’s experience at, memory of, and affection for an organization.
This Symposium is made possible through the generous support of the Canada Council for the Arts.