This pantomime concert pays homage to Charlie Chaplin, a comedic genius. You’ll meet two lively characters: Charlot, a formerly famous composer now working as a poster artist, and Mademoiselle Cello. Join us as we watch their chance encounter in a London park blossom into a friendship that celebrates their love of music.
Fun, family-friendly activities are available in the lobby prior to each concert, so be sure to arrive early.
- My Cello Craft (Main Lobby): Create your own mini-cello and learn about this amazing instrument that is central to the storyline of our show!
- Learn to Mime Workshop (Founder’s): Attend a session to learn how to mime like Charlot! Observe a demonstration and try your hand at this amazing performing art! Sessions are available at 1:45, 1:55, and 2:05.
- All About the Cello (Dress Lobby): What is a cello, anyway? Here is your chance to try a real cello yourself and get up close to the members of the ESO cello section.
- Silent Movie Soundtrack (Studio B): Add music and sound effects to video like in the roaring 20s! Use percussion instruments and other fun items to create a soundtrack.
- Dancing with Dance Ed (Upper Circle Lobby): Join Dance Ed and get your groove on to some fun dances based on a few pieces you’ll hear in the concert!
This performance does not include an intermission.
Artists:Cosette Justo Valdés, Conductor
Julie Hereish, ESO Cello
Pierre Mayer, Actor
View Interactive Seat Map
Note: Interactive seat map does not allow for ticket purchases.
Children 3 years of age and under will be admitted.