Safety • COVID-19 Response
Postponed ESO performances at the Winspear Centre
Updated on January 11, 2021, 11:00 AM MST
Thank you for having responded so positively to the reimagined Edmonton Symphony Orchestra concerts so far. Our upcoming programs, Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 and Latin Passions, are postponed. Patrons with tickets will be the first to know when the new dates are announced.
For your tickets to Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 or Latin Passions, you have several options.
If you reserved tickets using your ESO Membership, your tickets will be returned to your Membership and you can use them for any ESO concert through June 2021. We have lots more in store.
If you are not a Member and have purchased tickets to Beethoven's Symphony No. 1 or Latin Passions, you can choose to keep your funds on account or donate your tickets back to the ESO – for which we would be most grateful. Or, if you prefer, you can request a refund. Please log in to your account on our website and indicate what you would like to do. If we do not hear from you, we will keep your funds on account for future use.
If you have any questions, please contact the Box Office: email@example.com.
Log in to your account
Note: The Winspear Centre is temporarily closed due to provincial COVID-19 regulations.
Below is an overview of measures adopted in compliance with with Alberta Health Services and Alberta Government Guidelines. These measures will be revised accordingly when we resume concerts.
For more information on provincial guidelines, click here.
- Face masks are mandatory and must cover nostrils and mouth.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be on the premises.
- Tickets are limited up to 100 seats physically distanced safely inside the Concert Hall.
- Doors are open 45 minutes before the concert.
- Electronic tickets preferred.
- Water fountains will be out of service.
- Gradual, phased entry of audience members into the hall and signage to facilitate circulation.
- Access to bathrooms only available on main floor.
- Important information regarding each concert will be sent out via email prior to concert date.
- Elevators will not be available / in use at this time.
- Latecomers will be admitted at the appropriate moment.
- Concerts are presented without intermission.
Q: Do patrons need to wear a mask inside the Concert Hall chamber?
A: Masks are required in every part of the building, including the entrance, lobby, and Concert Hall. Patrons who are not wearing a mask will not be permitted to view the performance from the Concert Hall.
Q: What are the protocols for lining up and entering the building?
A: We will have a very streamlined process for entering. Please wear a mask to line up, and follow the signage on-site. Once your ticket is scanned, a host will guide you to your door, where you will be connected with an usher who will show you to your seats.
Q: Will there be extra air circulation and filtration for safety?
A: Our air handling units will be operating at maximum capacity at least an hour prior to our doors opening. Our air circulation and filtration meet best practices.
Q: Will I be able to park in the Library parkade?
A: Yes, but please check with City of Edmonton for details or to confirm.
Q: Will there be a concession?
A: Out of an abundance of caution, concession is temporarily unavailable until further notice.
Q: Will your elevators be in operation?
A: Use of the Winspear elevators will not be necessary as all seating for this performance will be on the main floor.