Students explore the joys of creating and performing their own musical work, led by an ESO musician! Your adopted musician will visit your school and collaborate with teaching staff to guide students through the process of creating an original piece of music. Students then perform their composition on-stage at the Winspear Centre in May.
PARTICIPATION IS FREE OF CHARGE
Open to all Gr. 4-6 classes who attend an Education Concert in February. Program runs from January to May 2024. Up to ten classes are selected per year.
Application deadline: December 1, 2024
Showcase Concert: May 26, 2024
Selection Criteria & Considerations
- teachers must be willing to commit time and expertise to the program, and work in partnership with the musician
- school administrator and staff endorsement is an asset
- schedule flexibility is very helpful
- student participants must be registered for an Education Concert
- students are expected to participate in the Sharing Concert
- maximum group size is 32 students
How to Apply
Registration for Adopt-A-Player in 2024 is now closed.