Young Composers Project
Are you a high school student who loves to compose? This is your opportunity to be mentored by a professional composer and to have your piece performed by the ESO!
Applications for the 2021/2022 Young Composers Project now closed
One student will:
- receive a $1,250 bursary towards post-secondary studies
- participate in a mentorship with an ESO Composer
- compose a new work
- hear it performed by the ESO in front of a live audience
- Applicants must be enrolled in high school in the greater Edmonton area at the time of the application deadline.
- All submitted works must be written for live performance. While they may include electronic instruments (bass guitar, keyboards etc.), pure electronic music is not eligible.
- Applications must include three scores of original music you’ve composed, in PDF format. These works can be in any genre and for any combination of instruments. They do not need to be for orchestra or in a classical style; we are simply getting an idea of your composing experience and skills.
- Each written score must be accompanied by a recording. At least one of these must be a recording of a live (real) performance. The remaining ones can be MIDI (electronic) simulations.
- You will also have to submit the name of a musician who is familiar with your work.